Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cat-pocalypse!

I just woke up to the Cat-pocalypse.

I was sleeping soundly when all of a sudden I woke up to cats fighting very loudly. I was confused and then more than a little freaked out. The noises dulled a bit so I opened my door and went to the stairs. I turned on the light and saw fur everywhere. Now I'm sufficiently freaked out, no one else is moving around in this house and I begin to feel like I'm in some sort of bizarre nightmare. So I take my cell and text everyone in my house to see if they heard it too. Monica replied back, but understandably refused to open the door because it had happened right outside her bedroom. She eventually comes out and we marvel how in the heck Jonnie and Allen didn't wake up or get my texts too. I also tell her we need to check to see if Fred is hurt in the dining room / kitchen.

Armed with a flashlight (woo, what a great weapon... Monica and I decided we're going to each take one of Jonnie's golf clubs and keep it beside our beds in the future), we creep along the side of the hall to the dining room and I reach in and flick on the light. Nothing. So we move towards the kitchen (where the cat door is) and flick on the light. Nothing. No more fur here or in the dining room either. Monica is the worst horror movie investigator ever, she was like two feet behind me the whole time. lol.

By this time, Allen comes downstairs. He got my text but did not hear the cat's fighting. We wait around in the kitchen for about 10 minutes to see if Fred returns. He doesn't. We then start to joke about how the ghetto life of Lewisham is now getting to the cats as Fred has to protect his crib from the other cracker cats. We all retire to our rooms, but I am still WIDE awake (its now 4:30 am). I'm really worried about Fred. I hope he comes home soon and is not too hurt. :(


UPDATE: Fred got home at 5:30 and seemed alright, except when I woke up today there were splotches of blood on my covers from him and he's limping. Poor guy. At least I have a reason to buy my "own" new duvet covers....

1 comment:

  1. Haven't you done anything worth writing about since the 20th?

    ReplyDelete