Merry Christmas from South Korea!
So I know I'm about a week behind in these posts and we've done SO much since then, but since we have half an hour left on Christmas, I thought I'd post about our Christmas eve and day in Seoul. I'll blog about the other adventures tomorrow. :)
Christmas Eve began SUPER early with a trip to the DMZ. Honestly, what could be more Christmasy than visiting soliders and "stepping" into North Korea! :P I will talk so much more about the DMZ in another post, but needless to say it was a long day beginning at 5:30 am and getting back to Jac's apartment at 4pm.
For Christmas Eve dinner, the four of us (Myself, Mom, Jaclyn and her friend Sarah) wanted a "western style" meal (or at least I did!). We tried TGIFridays but it was almost a two hour wait!! We switched our plan to Outback Steakhouse because even though its Australian, its more westernized than bulgogi or bibimpbap! Jaclyn, Sarah and Mom all had steaks but I of course had chicken. It was amazing... covered in bacon, mushrooms and SO MUCH CHEESE. Plus a side of mashed potatoes (which they called "smashed potatoes" hehehe).
After we gorged ourselves, we came back to Jac's hotel with our food babies and digested infront of the TV. I brought It's a Wonderful Life with me as is our annual christmas eve tradition. We watched about half of it and then went to the "Jazz bar" (mostly named so because of the saxophone I saw on the wall there, not so much for the jazz music) to meet some of her friends. We ordered drinks (mine while sounding exciting, was not very tasty) and chatted with her friends. Finally the early morning caught up with us and we crashed around 1.
Christmas Morning found us up and talking to our family back home on skype. The girl twins (meg, hailey and eowyn) preformed karaoke for us ("la la la everybody... la la la... There's a party on the rooftop top of the world" song). They are gonna be rock stars. Max had enough forsight to just pop his head in, wish us Merry Christmas and run off. :) Then Sarah came up and her and Jacyln opened up their presents. Mom and I are opening up ours with Dad when we get back. It kinda felt more like Jaclyns birthday! lol. She loved all her presents though and thanks you all.
After presents, we watched the last bit of Its a Wonderful Life (yes, i cried) and then slowly got ready to go to Jaclyn's coworkers potluck dinner/lunch. We brought the dessert (apple pie and a Baskin Robbins Cake). It was a great Christmas dinner. We had chicken, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing (but not great because it wasnt made with bread), sausages, gravy and carrots. We played a game called "fishbowl" where you had to get your team to guess the name of a famous person (written down by everyone else). It was a lot of fun! Her coworkers are super nice and very friendly. Jaclyn is in good hands.
We came back to Jaclyn's apartment and we watched "A Muppets Christmas Carol" (another staple). Sarah left right after to go to bed and we lounged around until we talked to dad (which was Christmas morning in Toronto). Now we are heading to bed! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment