I think I may develop a casual drinking personality here in London. Because after this week, all I wanted to do was curl up with some wine, HIMYIM and relaxxxxx. On Wednesday I had one of the WORST classes here (although no one tried to stab anyone with a pencil like they did on my first day teaching) and it started to make me question if I should be a teacher or not. I was losing faith in my ability to control children or even to get them quiet for more than 3 minutes at a time.
And then today happened....
The best day I've had teaching so far. :)
I was teaching a Year 5 class (I've determined I like the junior grades better than the primary ones) and while they got a bit rowdy at the end of the day, they ACTUALLY LISTENED WHEN I WAS TEACHING. I taught them symmetry in mathS (they call it MathS not Math... wierdos), recounting in Literacy, 'why we have seasons' in science (totally butchered that lesson, pretty sure I just confused them more than taught them), and then read them The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales while they were alternating out for P.E.
I came away from it realizing that yes, I do enjoy teaching and this is the job for me. Its just 95% of the classes in London are full of hellians, not children.
Tonight? Pizza, Wine and HIMYIM with Monica and maybe we'll see what the boys are up to. Tomorrow? Camden in the afternoon with Jen Thur (PJ 4 represent) and then off to party it up with Derek's brother Kyle and his friends.
TGIF!
No comments:
Post a Comment