Friday, February 5, 2010

Sushine and Smiles!

Today was full of sunshine and smiles (and all things nice)! Quite the opposite of my dismal posts of late! So without further ado....10 reasons why today I was listening to happy Motown music on the bus home today.

1. So close to feeling healthy again. I'm still a little sick, but almost getting better... One more day and hopefully I'll have nipped this damn cold.

2. Had a great day at work today. I was in a nursery class at a school I had been at three times this week (they told Protocol they LOVED me and wanted me back for Thursday / Friday). There were very few fights / tears shed during the day (which for three year olds, is pretty amazing), the children actually listened to me during storytime and I could read it without pausing to tell them to be quiet, and the staff likes me / talked to me during lunch in the staff room.

3. Bardy refreshed us on how to play poker last night in prep for Saturday's poker game. It was a lot of fun! I'll miss him when he's gone. And I'm excited for Saturday night and meeting new people!

4. The SUN was shining today!!! There were blue skies! I was out on outdoor play duty and got to play with kids in the sun! I'm already sick of the rain if you can't tell, haha.

5. Turvey mailed me a heating blanket!! I finally received it today in the mail from UPS! I was complaining about being so cold in this damp house to him over skype and he mailed me one so I would feel better! It was so thoughtful and nice. What an awesome friend! :D

6. I got a valentine in the mail from my Mom (and Dad)... with 15 pounds in it! Monica and I have planned to see that new cheesy romcom "Valentines Day" on Valentine's Day as our date and the money will cover it!

7. I got paid!

8. Protocol told me that the school I was at last week (the year 5 class that I loved) really liked me so when they need someone they requested me! This is so nice to hear after the complaints I had at the beginning.

9. I'm going to make some frozen Bangers and Mash tonight for dinner. I hope its good. But it should be! Then Monica and I are going to spend the night watching TV in honour of our lazy friday night traditions.

10. We just bought tickets to see Wicked and are in the process of planning our trip to Amsterdam / Belgium / Vimy Ridge for our midterm holiday. And Jen (PJ 4 / teachers college friend) lives in Fleet which is near Stonehenge so we're going to go visit her at some point to go to that. And I'm probably going to Switzerland in March to visit with Gavin! YAY for travelling!!

:)

1 comment: