"And if your strife strikes at your sleep, remember spring swaps snow for leaves. You'll be happy and wholesome again, when the city clears and sun ascends"
- Mumford & Sons, Winter Winds.
I think I've played that song about 8 times a day for the past week.
Things have been picking up this week! Although it's been really cold the past few days, it hasn't been raining and I have FINALLY SEEN SOME SUNSHINE! I am also no longer terrified of teaching - I think it was a whole "ripping off a band-aid" (or "plasters" as they call them here) situation... I just had to get back into the swing of things by diving into teaching. I've had a pretty decent week but not been with one class for the full day. I had one day where I was split between nursery and yr 2, and then two half days (a yr 4 and yr 1 class). And I got 4 High School Musical stickers from the Yr 2 class for being a "cool teacher". :)
Tonight Monica and I FINALLY went to a museum. We hit up the British museum after work today. It's not really *my* favourite history (not too keen on egyptian / roman sculptures - I'm much more into 19th and 20th C history), but it was still very impressive. PLUS, I got to see the Rosetta Stone!! That was pretty f-ing cool for a history buff. When we came home we ended up having a lazy night of eating amazing cupcakes we picked up on Tottingham Court Rd, watching bad British TV (aka "Hotter than my Daughter" and "Snog, Marry or Avoid?") and playing Scrabble. I don't care if it's "lame", it was FUN.
Tomorrow we're going to Greenwich to see the Observatory, fix our watches and stand on 0,0. We're meeting up with a dude I met at the Albion during the Gold Medal Game (woo facebook friends!) and hopefully it won't rain tomorrow and spoil our fun! In the evening, it's either going with allen to see a friend's band play or finally watching Valentines' Day. Either way, I think we have a chilled out weekend planned.
P.S. I just wanted to shout out to the people that have sent me messages of cheer and "don't worry, you can DO it" encouragements. You know who you are and I really appreciate it. :)
Woo Facebook friends indeed! And even though I'm here in London, and not a friend from back home, I can still give you encouragement. Yes you can DO it!!
ReplyDelete