Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome to England!

Well... here i am. I've been talking about it ever since I came back from my Eurotrip in July and found out I had to be superwoman to get in the TDSB, But... I'm here.
In England.
Living.
Teaching.
....and Blogging?

I thought an England blog would be a much easier way to keep in contact with everyone and let them know about my adventures. It would also be a nice way for me to remember everything and to differ from my livejournal ramblings that have nothing to do with teaching. So I don't know how often I'll post, but knowing me, it'll probably be a lot. :) I am very ego-centric, you know.

Monica has a blog at Cheers Londonand she started it the first day we got here, so if you want a run-down of the first week, check it out!

OH and the reason for my blog name? Top up Tube? Well, its a combo of two words that you don't normally come across in Canada but you hear EVERYWHERE in London. "Top up" is a phrase you hear all the time around here. From "topping up" your cell phone minutes to your oyster (transit) card to... well, just those two things so far, but i had never really seen the phrase used in Canada! And the tube... well since i'm supply teaching, the tube/DLR (light rail transit)/National Rail/Buses are my best friend. Put them together and you've got some great alliteration. :)

Tower Bridge

3 comments:

  1. I'm just testing this to see if the comment box works! :) - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! Love the name and love the blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete